Sunday, August 19, 2012

My first flipped Video

I finally finished my first flipped video for the students for the upcoming school year. I'm still not 100% satisfied with it because it is longer then I would have liked it to be. I also should have recorded it on a plain background because it might be distracting for the students. Hopefully video number two will be twice as better! Please let me know what you think!

Go to page here: http://www.sophia.org/physical-and-chemical-properties-tutorial

or I have embedded it below:



4 comments:

  1. I love the energy and the examples you provide. I didn't watch it all the way through (just different sections) :) But it's not too shabby for the first time through! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kirch for taking the time! I should of smiled more and on some part I think I even rolled my eyes. Maybe I was nervous because it was the first time , so hopefully I will remember to smile more then time. Also I really appreciate all your resources, I am planning to use a lot of them when I start to flip such as WSQ, google voice, and mentor mob!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! It looks great to me. I just made my first video and I recorded from the Smart Board. Nothing like what you did here. Please tell me what software you used and what was your process. I have read so many blogs and posts that I am really confused now. This is exactly how I want my videos to look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheila, you are just too kind! However thanks! I used Microsoft PowerPoint with Screenflow to record. However many people also have great success with Camtasia. Screenflow is very easy to use and very easy to edit. Yes flip teaching can be very overwhelming, but since it will be my first year as a teacher and my fist time to flip, I will take it slow. I am also planning to buy Wacom Bamboo Create table so I can use it instead of a mouse with future videos! Again thank you and I also wish you luck on your videos!

    ReplyDelete